Thursday, October 22, 2009

Should I download Firefox?

I am debating on whether to get it because I am stuck with Internet Explorer. I really need some information proving that it is farmore secure than Windows IE. I already have anti spyware and Antivirus software. So basically I am asking if I am safe with IE even when I have security software.



Should I download Firefox?ktm



Don't hesitate. Download Firefox and enjoy it. You will never again go back to IE - e.v.e.r. ! I am using it for more than 2 years. Let me tell you both the positive and negative points about it.



First, the good news about FireFox:



- faster and efficient than IE



- innumerable built-in and add-on features, customizable



- tabbed %26 separate window browsing (this means more convenience)



- you can choose from a huge list of add-on features which you can switch on and off depending on need



- all these features add to time-saving and productivity



- individual add-on features are in hundreds, they can't be listed here



- it can warn phishing attacks (false websites imitating banks, PayPal, etc.). It has saved me several times.



--------------------------------------...



Now, the negative points:



- it is a bit heavy in size and may take more time during initial loading of the program (but web page loading will be faster)



- it occasionally crashes esp. when too many tabs are kept open (means, you will lose your bookmarks, etc.) Fortunately, there is an add-on which takes a backup of all your bookmarks and settings and will restore them back. But you must learn how to use it).

No comments:

Post a Comment