Thursday, October 22, 2009

How do I reformat my pc?

I tried downloading antivirus software on my pc because I thought I was infected. It worked a little better for a day or two, then error messages popped up and it would automatically restart. The window said that if restarting did not solve the problem, I should uninstall the software. I did, but I still get one of the error messages and now I cannot log on at all.



How do I reformat my pc?nortan



Reformatting will destroy all your existing data. So better back up your data if possible. For reformatting your PC, you will need to have the Windows installation CD or a recovery disc that came with your computer. For installing Windows from Windows installation disc, insert the disc in the CD drive and restart your computer.



Now, immediately press F2 or F8 on the keyboard so that you enter the BIOS settings. Cycle through the options to where it specifies the booting sequence. Make sure that you set the CD ROM drive/DVD drive as the first booting device. Save the settings and reboot the system.



Once the computer reboots, the Windows installation disc will prompt you whether you want to update your computer or freshly install Windows. If you want to format the PC and start anew select the second option. Windows will now reformat your PC, detroy the old files and start installing Windows again.



If you have a recovery CD that came with your computer, refer to the manual for instrutions on formatting your computer and installing the software afresh.



How do I reformat my pc?noton



If this is Windows XP, just put in the XP disk and reboot. Follow the prompts, it'll ask to format the disk and create partition. After that, it'll load the operating system. It'll take about and hour depending on the size of the hard drive and speed of processor and system memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment