Thursday, October 22, 2009

Help! I need a computer whiz for my dumb, slow computer.?

My computer is running slow but I have no idea why. I have DSL. I am checking emails on Yahoo and the emails either don't open or open VERY slow. I have not added any new software or taken any off. I only have Yahoo open. Not running anything else. I noticed that my Norton Antivirus software is disabled. (I don't know why).



I have read some of the other answers but they don't make much sense. I am NOT very computer literate. I don't know how to check to see how much memory I have. I don't know how to check to see about anything.



Can somebody take me through the steps necessary to check to see what the problem is? Please have mercy on me and speak English, not computer language. In other words, explain it to me like I'm a 3 year old.



Help! I need a computer whiz for my dumb, slow computer.?spyware remover



The fact that your NAV is disabled is an indication that you have some malware on your machine, and it may be using your machine as a bot to send spam or disrupt someone's web site.



First, I suggest you download and run the free utility Stinger. It's an anti-virus' anti-virus produced by McAfee. It goes after malware that attacks the big anti-viruses such as Norton and McAfee. It's so good, they've had to change its name a few times to keep the bad guys off balance.



Stinger Version 3.4.9 (free): http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

No comments:

Post a Comment