Thursday, October 22, 2009

My notebook automatically start up once i connect it to the electricity.?

I never push the 'ON' button on my notebook, all i have to do is to switch on the switch,and then my notebook will automaticaly turn on!! And everytime this happens, the date and time of my computer will reset back to 1st of Jan 2003 12.00AM. And this causes lots of problem to my software expecially antivirus software. Does anybody outside there have any ideas how to solve this matter? And why is this happenening?



My notebook automatically start up once i connect it to the electricity.?network



If the computer is not keeping the date and time...the CMOS battery must be replaced. One way or another the startup issue is also related to BIOS settings which, again is not keeping any setting. Ask your notebook manufacturer how you can go replacing the battery.



My notebook automatically start up once i connect it to the electricity.?norton



The battery has died how ever as it is a lap top you will have to take itto a reputable dealer to have it changed
As far as it "automatically" turning on, it sounds like it's not being properly shutdown and is configured to automatically reboot in the event the power goes out and then later comes back. If you shut down the computer properly it shouldn't do that.



As far as the time thing, it sounds like the clock battery is dead. And if you're using that computer with a power strip and always shut off the power strip, then I can see why. Even if the laptop is properly shutdown it might use power from the AC adapter to keep the clock running. (Parts of my desktop computer still have power even when it's shutdown. I know that because there's an LED on the motherboard so you can tell if it has power and avoid messing things up by trying to disassemble it while it's still got power.) If it doesn't have any power from the AC adapter I imagine it would use a little watch type battery inside it, which may have died on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment