Thursday, October 22, 2009

My dell inspiron 9300 will not start. please help.?

My dell stopped working properly. At first when I turn it on, it says that some software or hardware change may have caused this. When I try all of the options, such as last known good configuration and safe mode, it starts up fine at the windows with the loading bar and then it goes to a blue screen. The blue screen says to disable any antivirus software, disk defragmentation, or backup utilities. The technical information reads: *** Stop: 0x00000024. I am not sure what this means but I would appreciate if someone could tell me. Thanks in advance.



My dell inspiron 9300 will not start. please help.?matchless



Hi,



It means that your disk drive has become corrupted or at least a vital driver file has!



If you have the windows CD you can boot from the CD to the recovery console and run chkdsk from their. Place the CD in the drive, boot from the CD and press R for Recovery console - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058



Arnak



My dell inspiron 9300 will not start. please help.?norton 2008



Blue screen and stop errors are usually related to memory problems. (especially if the 0x0000024 number is the same) Try removing the memory sticks in your computer one at a time in sequentially order to see if it boots. If it boots with one of the sticks missing then you know it needs to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment