Thursday, October 22, 2009

My HP laptop takes 10 minutes to start up and the music/video files are choppy. What should I do??

I have run antivirus software/spyware/adware programs and it is clean. Also, I had to create a new user profile before because it said my profile was corrupt in the past. It is only 5 months old and hardly been used. Is this an issue with corrupt software that was on my laptop when I purchased it??



My HP laptop takes 10 minutes to start up and the music/video files are choppy. What should I do??liveupdate



Are you running Norton by any chance? if so, disable it and see if that helps the speed of start up. if it does, then you can adjust the settings to enable after start up. Also, check in your start/programmes/startup folder and see if there are programmes set to start up that could be disabled. Sometimes you can see what is running in the background by the icons on the lower right hand side of the screen.



Good luck!



My HP laptop takes 10 minutes to start up and the music/video files are choppy. What should I do??nortin



if running norton remove that norton hog the your pc. use AVG
Get new Windows...
I suggest taking it to the place where you got it from before the warranty expires. Since it is a new one, we should assume you have a good sound card in there and it could be faulty. We had a faulty dvd drive on a one month old laptop so it's possible you could have a faulty hardware (or software) in there too.
I have a HP laptop..n ive always had a fast startup. Ok..when u start up..on teh bottom right..do u have many programs that also start up when u start up? If so.that's probably why. Open one of them up..n in the options..uncheck where it says, "Start program when windows starts"
HP?! Those suck yo. Im sorry but i have a toshiba Tecra and it hasnt let me down yet. And im a NOOB to computers. And i download a crap load. Plus i heard Mac Laptops are kick! Id buy one.
i think you must have lots of files stored in the drive in which os is installed



better transfer it to another drive



or you can just format the drives and install the os freshly



but keep in mind that you have all the drivers you need for laptop



otherwise your laptop may not work properly
k one only if you have a virus two update your ram chips and try downloading a program called spy bot search and destroy to see if spy ware or something else is on your laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment