Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mcafee - renewal - via store box or download?

For the past few years, I would buy the latest upgrade of my Mcafee virusscan and firewall and a friend of mine would uninstall my old version and install my new version. I bought it last year at Costco's for $39 plus tax. My friend is sick and not able to help me so when McAfee notified me that my software had expired, I for the first time renewed over line. The cost of renewal download plus a recovery disc to be mailed to me was $62. I thought that was awful high but am not sure of what other antivirus softwares are charging. Is there any advantages/disadvantage to doing it the download way vs buying the box at the store and installing. Mcafee does give you 30 days to cancel your order and they will refund your money. Thanks.



Mcafee - renewal - via store box or download?systemworks



Don't waste your hard earned money on a poor anti virus. Get AVG Free Edition, I have used it for over 6 years, is has daily updates and really works.



The updates are automatic

No comments:

Post a Comment