Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unnecessary files?

I want to free up space on my hard drive by getting rid of every single file my computer doesn't need.



I just want to keep the following files:



itunes



Antivirus software



Spyware software



Firefox- I want to delete Internet explorer (old browser)



Defragmentation



Error-checking



disk cleanup



I also want to keep the ability to click new text documents



Everything else I want gone so how do I do this?



Unnecessary files?free anti virus



To delete Internet explorer, Go to Control Panel ==%26gt; Add or Remove Programs ==%26gt; Add/remove windows components (on the left side). Make sure there's no check next to Internet Explorer. Then, press Next.



You can also delete other windows components in the same way.



Use "Add or Remove Programs" in "Control Panel" to get rid of all the programs you don't need.



Once you do that, manually delete all the files you don't need from your disk drives.



You can also delete files from the "Program Files" folder in the C drive.



But don't delete anything from the "Windows" folder.



You can even delete the program shortcuts from the start menu.



This should be enough to give you a completely clean PC.



It's not part of your question but you should also clean your registry using a registry cleaner program. That will really speed up your PC.



Unnecessary files?internet security software



there is a review of some software that does this at



http://www.members.cox.net/freereview

No comments:

Post a Comment