Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How do I know if I have a pc virus on my mac or not?

What if it is a virus for the mac and not for pc?



This pop up comes up when I'm on the mac, telling me that I do not have an anti virus and I could have a virus (However I do have an antivirus- avast). One time I clicked exit from the popup and an internet window showing the computer downloading the antivirus software came up. I exited out of the window too. Is this a mac virus or pc virus? Or is it even a virus?



How do I know if I have a pc virus on my mac or not?computer security



Likelihood is it's a trap to make people download a virus. The pop-up will come up and will have a fake close button, inside the real window (it's a bit hard to explain without a picture), so when you think you're closing the window, you're actually clicking on a link to download a virus. Chances are, it's a PC virus, so you don't need to worry. I've used a Mac for 5 years, with no anti-virus, and never had any problems with viruses - there are very very very few viruses for Macs, just because they aren't as popular.



If you're really worried, just run your anti-virus program, and it'll pick anything up that might be a problem.



How do I know if I have a pc virus on my mac or not?free spyware remobal



I don't do macs but I recently read that there was a spyware infection that was geared for macs.



Your antivirus might not catch the spyware since they are technically different.



On a side note:



Within the next year it will be interesting since as macs become more popular there will be more motivation for virus and spyware creators to focus on macs. We will see how secure they really are (or is it really perfect).
You could do a sweep of your computer or buy and download some anti-viris softwear...that could help you find out and get rid of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment