Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Greetings! My web browser being hijack.?

My web browser (microsoft internet explorer 7) always go to default webpage which direct it to some irritating antivirus software homepage. I had uninstall it ( the explorer), I had download ad-aware 2007, my anti-virus is AVG but it seems not helping at all. I had changed my default homepage from internet option tab, still not working. Full system scan antivirus had removed some malicious spyware and adware but this web browser hijacker still there. Any other option beside re-formatting the hard disk?



Greetings! My web browser being hijack.?antivirus programs



By what you're saying it sounds like it's smitfraud. Smitfraud is a malware, which is very hard to remove. It bombard you with pop ups, takes over your homepage and slows down your computer. Here's a link to the fix:



http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.p...



It looks very complicated but it's not! Here's how you use it:



1) Close all applications



2) Open up Smitfraud Fix (Yellow Icon)



3) It says press any key to continue...press a key



4) Look at the bunch of options when it opens up:



Search



Clean



Delete Trusted Zone



Check For Updates



Search And Clean DNS Hijack



French



Quit



5) All you need to do once it opens up, is press the "2" key



6) It will clean and once it's done, it will run disk cleaner

No comments:

Post a Comment