Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How can you tell when your PC's about done?

I've had mine for about 2-3 years now and it seems like the older it gets the more problems I've had with it.



I've already taken everything off of it and started it anew again, but that only worked for so long.



I take care of it, and have spyware and antivirus software, but idk. I also defrag and do disk clean up, and i have window washer software. But now it seems like my graphic card is giving out because my games don't play like they used to. Any ideas to get my computer working somewhat like new again?



How can you tell when your PC's about done?free spyware remover



Granted it may be old in PC years and it certainly sounds if your taking care of it to the best of your ability. I've got two PC's at 6-7 years old that still run fine and are relatively fast. They don't run the latest gaming stuff or fancy video stuff,but for basic everyday surfing and home office stuff the run quite well.This could be separated into two parts , hardware and software side. For hardware i would look at upgrading your RAM as much as possible and possibly upgrading your Video card. Combined these would still be a whole lot cheaper than purchasing a brand new PC. On the software side I go with the motto of "lean and mean". Go through you add/remove programs and remove any unnecessary programs. Also clean out and backup your documents of old stuff I'm amazed on how much I accumulate over time and then delete. Run a program like CCleaner and clean out the rest of the computer of unnecessary stuff.Also stay away from little extras like fancy task bars, screen saver's and other what I call junk programs that are to me just fancy window dressings that hog up system resources. After all that do a good system defrag and it should run smoother. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment