Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Should I be worried? (Eicar Test String Virus)?

My Norton Anti-virus software detected a virus called Eicar Test String (i think it's called). I looked this virus up and i found out that it's just to test if an antivirus software is working or not, but when Norton Anti-virus found it, it couldn't quarantine nor fix it. It couldn't do anything. Should I be worried at all? Will the virus affect my computer?



Should I be worried? (Eicar Test String Virus)?downloads



No, that test virus does no harm to a computer.



Maybe you can see the path to the test virus and go delete it yourself.



Should I be worried? (Eicar Test String Virus)?house call



No worries.



It is just a harmless file with file characteristics of a virus to test AV programs to see if they will detect it. Harmless - if it's the true EICAR.



Norton does't fix most viruses - just delete it.
The text file test virus is completly harmless



either delete it manually or tell Norton to delete it (if option is available)

No comments:

Post a Comment