Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Need help with winsock problems. Weird problem any advice???

Here we go. I'm fixing my friend's dell (windows xp). It had some viruses and I cleaned it up in regular operation mode, then again in safe mode and removed 4 infected files. Today when the virus scan was running I was able to access the internet, then ever since it says there is a corrupted/deleted file in the winsock catalog and it has limited or no connectivity. So, I tried running the diagnostic for internet explorer and it reset it, but that didn't work. Tried searching the winsock fix manually in "search" and it reset it, but that didn't work. Then I tried going into command prompt and typing in the key words and it reset it again, but still didn't work. The wisock repair didn't work, but it still won't let me go online and keeps asking me to reset, then restart, but it still won't work. Is the antivirus not doing the job and getting all those viruses out or something? What's going on? Not sure how up to date her security is. Can't access antivirus software online either? help!!



36 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.



Additional Details



20 minutes ago



I typed in sfc /scan now



and like I said, it reset it, but I still keep getting the error. Any idea what could be wrong



Need help with winsock problems. Weird problem any advice???computer virus



There are a number of programs out there that claim to fix winsock problems. Here's one to try:



http://www.download3k.com/Install-WinSoc...

No comments:

Post a Comment