Saturday, June 19, 2010

Why is my computer so slow?

I currently have Sky broadband and it takes me 45mins to download a 45 min tv show. I've been told that I should be able to download this in 10mins as I have 8meg broadband. What could be slowing down my connection? I share my connection (as you can also use it wirelessly) with my laptop and both are very slow. On my laptop it takes as long as 1hr to download an hour long podcast! My pc is connected through an ethernet cable and not wirelessly.



On my computer it also takes ages to play games (on Miniclip etc.) as the characters move very slowly. The graphics are of a lower quality than on my laptop.



I've asked around and been told I could have a virus on my computer and/ or spyware. I've downloaded SpyBot and ran it and destroyed anything its found. Is there any other free antivirus software you'd recommend?



Basically, do you have any ideas as to why my computer is so slow and is there any antivirus software you'd recommend?



Thanks a lot



Anj xx



Why is my computer so slow?download



ok run virus checks for one



i use avg (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1)



then number 2: lock your wireless, put password on it



connect to you box (modem) go to setting, wireless then protect,



if you have trouble call sky (i don't use sky)



+ check are you on unlimitted?



+ read fair usage (if you download alot, it will put you behind other people)

No comments:

Post a Comment