Saturday, June 19, 2010

Norton Internet Security 2005 or McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008?

Hi Everybody,



Dang virus got in again. Had to completely restart the computer to it's out of the box settings. Which is antivirus is better? Norton Internet Security 2005 with the newest live updates or McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008? I need one that has a schedule and very good virus/spyware/malware detector. I don't care about how much CPU it takes (I'll scan at night) and please no suggestions of other antivirus software. Thanks!



Norton Internet Security 2005 or McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008?virus scan



I would go with McAfee. I recently switched from Norton to McAfee. Norton and McAfee are the same when it comes to removing viruses but the McAfee version you are talking about is newer and probably has better method of getting rid of the viruses. I think McAfee doesn't slow down your computer as much either. Both are good virus detectors but I would go with McAfee. (It's cheaper too).



Norton Internet Security 2005 or McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008?anti virus scan



McAfee or avant is real good and free
They both suck - I had 2 computers that were both infected by MalwareAlarm. One had Norton and the other had McAfee. Both worthless for that particular threat (which is a common one).



You specifically mentioned no other recommendations, so I won't... but if others are reading this than you can read about my story at the link below.
mcafee! had norton on computer and ran virus scan which found nothing, put mcafee and and it found virus and cleared them
Mcafee



I have been using it for 6 years with no virus's.
www.Avast.com (for antivirus)



www.ghostwall.com (firewall)

No comments:

Post a Comment