Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can someone interpret computer error message?

My 2 yr old computer has been rebooting about two minutes after startup. I disabled the automatic reboot under system properties. It rebooted anyway, but I got a blue screen with this message.: SPBBCDrv.sys. Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area.



After restart, I allowed WIndows error reporting to send a message to MS. The help page said "problem cause by antivirus software." I've had the same Norton antivirus, updated yearly, on here since I purchased the computer. Anyone have any ideas what this error message means and/or steps I should take to fix this? I hate to purchase another computer at this stage but this is an emachine I paid under $800 bucks for and don't want to put a lot of money into it. Thanks much.



Can someone interpret computer error message?vista



have a look here



http://www.file.net/process/spbbcdrv.sys...



looks like a norton antivirus problem to me.



Can someone interpret computer error message?antispyware



Sounds like a virus is attacking Norton.



READ HERE http://securitytracker.com/alerts/2007/A...
Here ya go!



PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA



Explanation:



This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

No comments:

Post a Comment