Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spybot-search and destroy?

Is Spybot search %26 destroy an antivirus software? if I have it in my computer already, should I download another antivirus software like AVG, for example, will that cause trouble for my computer if I have 2 of them?



Spybot-search and destroy?ducati



No it is not an antivirus software. It is only for spyware and adware.



Yes....you should get another antivirus software on there like AVG.



No....it will not cause a conflict.



AVG is one of the better free ones. If you're willing to pay for antivirus, I recommend Kaspersky. I would also recommend NOD32 but that 1 is for more advanced users.



Spybot-search and destroy?hp



Yes it is actually a very good program, mainly for spyware though. You can use it with AVG without any problem, but I actually prefer to use ad-aware with it. That is just my preference because I had AVG before I got Spybot S%26D, it didn't prevent or detect the virus I had so I had to reformat my computer. Some antivirus programs won't work if there is more than one on your computer. I know Norton used to be like that.
Spybot S%26D is not an anti-virus. It's an "anti-spyware".



You still need to have an anti-virus. AVG will do fine.



The two won't conflict with each other.



You also need a "firewall". Windows XP and Vista both come with firewalls, so you might not need one.



If you have all three of those things, you'll be very safe. The firewall and the anti-virus need to be running at all times. The anti-spyware should be ran weekly, and you should scan with the anti-virus every week.
i use both programs no probs avg scans every hour and runs in back ground spy only scans when u tell it to .just rember to update spy every week hope this helps
it might slow down your pc, cuz it take's alot of memory
spybot searches out spyware



AVG will get out the viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment