Saturday, June 19, 2010

Are these CD's sufficient to reformat my hard drive?

The last time I moved, I lost the CD's that came with my Dell.



I want to reformat now, called Dell, and got new CD's sent.



Before I go ahead and start reformating I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need.



The 2 CD's Dell just sent me are:



- Operating System, already installed on your computer, reinstallation CD, Win XP Home Edition SP 2



- Application, already installed on your computer, for reinstalling Dell tools system software. Contents: antivirus software (sw), support sw, multimedia sw and internet sw



Is this everything I need to go ahead and reformat and wipe everything out and put my PC back to the state it was in the day I first got it (as far as software goes)?



Thanks all!



Are these CD's sufficient to reformat my hard drive?malware



You'll also need your drivers CD. If you don't have that, you can download them all from Dell's website.



UPDATE:



People telling you that you that the Windows and Application CD's have the drivers you need have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. You need to install all the drivers for your hardware, video, sound, etc. etc. and they're not included on either the Widows or Application cd's. You either have to use the included drivers cd or download them from Dell's website. Period.



Are these CD's sufficient to reformat my hard drive?norton 360

No comments:

Post a Comment