Saturday, June 19, 2010

Help with firewall please?

I'm thinking of uninstalling Mcafee security centre and using AVG free as my antivirus software.



What I would like advice on is, if I buy a wireless router that has a hardware firewall built in, would the hardware firewall along with the Windows XP SP2 software firewall be enough or would I need a stronger software firewall than the one built into SP2.



Also could you let me know how secure these hardware firewalls are.



Thanks in advance



Help with firewall please?microsoft



The firewall that comes with XP SP2 will do the job. It has been updated recently. The setup you are referring to, is exactly what I have. The hardware firewall is very secure, you will have all the protection, that you need. You also should get this antispyware program from microsoft..good luck%26gt;%26gt;



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...



Help with firewall please?norton ghost



Thank You, Small Pebble, I am glad I could help..



02/05/07/.. Report It


get the free zonealarm firewall and it will protect you as well as anything....

No comments:

Post a Comment