Saturday, June 19, 2010

Potential threat found?

I recently downloaded a copy of Autodesk 3DS Max from a retailer. After I finished downloading, my antivirus software displayed this information:



Scanned File: [directory information]



Scan Results: Potential Threat Found



Potential Threat Name: PE_PAGIPEF.AB



Action Requested: Leave File Alone



Action Results: Potential Threat Still Active



Is this a normal reaction for my antivirus software against this program? Or has someone infected my downloaded file?



p.s. The file I downloaded was a RAR compressed file.



Potential threat found?firewall



Delete the file!!!!!!!!!!!!!



http://wtc.trendmicro.com/wtc/summary.as...



It is a virus identerfied by trend micro



Potential threat found?husqvarna



What anti-virus do you use? If not Kaspersky, AVG, or McAfee, it could be a false threat.



On the contrary, it could also be infected when you were downloading the file through a unsecure line.

No comments:

Post a Comment