Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Security Center Problems with Norton Antivirus 2006 in XP?

Those of you who are familiar with Windows XP know that you have a "Security Center" in the Control Panel that keeps track of/watches/protects your PC... It monitors your firewall, antivirus software, among other things...



Anyway, to get to the point, I just installed Norton Antivirus 2006 and somehow my Security Center has been "disabled" ever since this was installed. I put the Norton on my computer cause I didn't have ANY Antivirus software at all.



When I go to open the Security Center I get this message:



The Security Center is currently unavailable because the "Security Center" has not started or was stopped. Please close the window, restart the computer (or start the "Security Center" service) and open the Security Center again.



Well, every time I restart my computer, I still get the same message...



Anyone know what's going on or how to fix the problem? OR do I really need to be worried?



Security Center Problems with Norton Antivirus 2006 in XP?norton antivirus



If you read the reviews on Amazon you will find you arent alone. I dont know how Symantec has managed to keep selling Norton antivirus year after year when they get the same incredibly poor ratings.



Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, and see if the Security Center service is started. If not, right click and start it. I recommend you ditch Norton and get something else. I gave up after trying to upgrade 2 machines from the 2003 version to 2004. The lesser known products actually work much better.



Security Center Problems with Norton Antivirus 2006 in XP?security



HAVE YOU TRIED TO PUT DISC OF XP IN AS NORTON IS OVER RIDING AND HAS ASSUMED THE SECURITY POSITION

No comments:

Post a Comment