Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Norton Antivirus and an old Trojan virus slipped passed?

Hi:



I don't have the details yet, because my laptop is in the service center, but the tech said that some problem on my 2 month old laptop were due to a trojan virus that my Norton Antivirus software had quarantined. Apparently, it still was able to cause destructive activities, including disabling my Norton Antivirus auto-updating routine. Now, I'm going to have to try to get the damage repaired myself and probably need to get in touch with Norton folks. Anyone else ever had this happen? What did you have to do to get your system back? How did you contact Norton (Symantec) - I didn't really see anything on their site that looked like it addressed this issue.



I'm really sort of fumed that Norton seemed to miss this, considering the tech told me this particular virus has been around for a while.



Thanks for your help - it is appreciated.



Norton Antivirus and an old Trojan virus slipped passed?security



Well no virus software in infalible. But I don't think that Norton has been able to write a decent virus killer for the past three years or so. Last time I had it on my machine it slowed my system down by at least 25% and if it ever found anything it was never able to actually delete it.



I'd look for something better.



Norton Antivirus and an old Trojan virus slipped passed?trojan

No comments:

Post a Comment