Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I protect my Mac? What Antivirus and Firewall do I need?

Hello! I would really appreciate your help with this! I recently bought a Mac (first one) and I would like to know what Firewall and Antivirus software do I need? I read somewhere Leopard come with a firewall, but it said it is not great. Also, I don't know if Macs come with an Antivirus already installed, or do I need to buy an Antivirus software? Basically, what do I need to get my Mac protected from hackers AND viruses and spyware? Thanks so much in advance1



How do I protect my Mac? What Antivirus and Firewall do I need?pc security



One of the really sweet things about Macs is they aren't very susceptible to viruses. Apparently, there are a few out there; however, I've been using Macs for about 7 years now and I've never had a virus. The only firewall I use is the one built into my router. I don't use antivirus software on it. I used to have some free AV software on an old iBook, but it bogged the computer down and I never had a virus, so I removed it. Occasionally, I have a free virus scan done, but nothing has ever been detected.



If you really want it, though, you can get AV and firewall from Norton. http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp...



How do I protect my Mac? What Antivirus and Firewall do I need?symantic



r u serious? a larger marketshare owns windows based computers. there are almost no viruses that you will pick up on ur mac. u almost have to look for them to even try to get one. dont waste ur money on trying to get an antivirus for mac, u dont need it
Who would harm a mac?
I have McAfee and I am very well pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment